Welcome to Body Painting Basics!
Although body painting has been a form of expression since ancient times, this emerging art form as we now know it has only recently started to receive a lot of attention in mainstream media. The mainstream population are generally becoming more and more accepting of body painting as an art form suitable for the public eye. That, combined with the influx of wonderful makeup products on the market, mean that it's a great time to start body painting!
As more people try their hand at body painting, they quickly realise that it's a lot more complicated than just slapping some paint onto a naked body. It's quite a process, and there are a lot of things that can go wrong along the way. Most body painters learn this the hard way, but it is my hope that this course saves you from that heartache so you can start body painting in a safe, effective, mindful way from the very beginning.
By the end of this online course you will:
- Understand the overall body painting process
- Gain product knowledge and learn what tools, and equipment to include in your own kit
- Know how to choose, manage, and look after body paint models
- Navigate the awkward parts of body painting, such as underwear selection and painting sensitive areas
- Learn about different body painting jobs, clients, and their requirements
- Know what to expect at a body painting competition, and how to make the most of it
- Learn how to body paint in a safe and healthy manner
- Learn the fundamentals of designing a body paint from concept creation to your final sketch
- Learn where to go next to advance your skills and experience
This is a theory-based course designed to answer all of your questions about the nitty gritty of planning and executing a body paint. We won't go into painting techniques in this course; if you don't already have some knowledge of face and body painting techniques, that's OK. I will be launching a series of body painting technique demonstration videos soon. This course contains all the prerequisite knowledge you need to prepare you for the mammoth task of painting a full body.